Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 21

PCA Meeting

Today we met with the Positive Coaching Alliance or PCA. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is transforming youth sports so sports can transform youth. Through partnerships with more than 1,100 youth sports organizations, leagues, schools and cities nationwide, PCA has conducted 6,000-plus workshops for youth sports coaches, parents, organizational leaders and ahtletes.

Our meeting was with Ben Rose and Harry Colon of the organization. We discussed how PCA will play a roll in training coaches and youth sports directors on what they offer and grouping the Houston centers together to begin planning training for the centers. In addition, Harry Colon, the Houston trainer, will be visiting with the youth sports directors on August 4th during their cabinet meeting to give them a brief introduction to PCA.

What I love about the organization is that their national spokesperson is the infamous Phil Jackson, and is supported by Stanford University's Women's basketball coach, Tara VanDerveer. Coach VanDerveer recently received a Lifetime Achievement Award from PCA.

http://www.positivecoach.org

2 comments:

  1. I want to learn more about the organization--thanks for the link...anything Phil Jackson does is supported by me for sure! Glad you're blogging about your experiences...I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the Positive Coaching Alliance and the great values that are driven home about dealing with parents, teaching life lessons, respect, and sportsmanship. Sounds like a great start to your mentorship!

    ReplyDelete